This post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission when you click on the links and make a purchase at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure here
If you are looking for a web hosting service to host your business or personal website, then you should consider Bluehost. This article will review the features of Bluehost and explain how it compares with other companies in the industry.
What are the pros and cons of Bluehost?
The Pros of Bluehost are as follows:
- Very competitive pricing plans. Bluehost pricing plans are very competitive (starting at $2.95/month) at the time of writing this blog post. The catch however is that, you’ll have to pay for 36 months to get that price.
- Free domain name for the first year.
- Money back guarantee. Bluehost offers a 30 day money back guarantee should you be unsatisfied with their product. If it’s after 30 days, no refund will be offered.
- Endorsed by WordPress. While some may argue that this is a paid endorsement, it’s still an official endorsement and that does count for something. They must be somewhat good at what they do.
- Security. Bluehost plans come with a free SSL certificate and free CDN. Security is a top priority for this hosting company.
- A variety of hosting plans to choose from. When you start a business, you expect it to grow some day. With Bluehost, you don’t have to worry about switching hosts when your business grows. Their plan options caters for different users at their different stages of growth.
- Good for beginners. Fast website builder, with more than 100 free templates and over 800 premium WordPress themes to choose from when building your website.
- Unlimited domain names per account and 24/seven customer support by chat or phone in English!
A few Cons of Bluehost are that :
- The pricing plan is a bit confusing. Whereas Bluehost offers pricing as low as $2.95 per month, this is only applicable if you pay for 36 month on their starter package. If you go 12 or 24 months, the prices are a bit higher.
- Unlimited isn’t really what it means. The unlimited offer on the plus, choice plus and business pro is only unlimited up to a certain level.
- No uptime guarantee. Bluehost does not offer an uptime guarantee. Bluehost hosting is reliable. However, there is no 100% guarantee from the company even though in their network server uptime agreement they do state that issues are resolved approximately within 15 minutes.
- Expensive renewal rates. Like other hosting companies, their introductory rates are very attractive. But when it comes to renewing your plans, prices might go as high as double the initial cost. The best option, if you can, is to opt for the 24/36 months introductory price. This will help you save as you work on growing your business.
- Paid site migration. A number of hosting companies offer free website migration but that is not the case for Bluehost. Their free website migration comes with restrictions which if not met will mean paying to migrate your site.
Is Bluehost a good hosting site?
Yes. Bluehost is a good hosting site for both personal and business websites because it offers very competitive pricing plans, a fast website builder, unlimited domain names per account, 24/seven customer support by chat or phone (in English!), and more than 100 free templates to choose from when building your website.
Why is Bluehost so cheap?
Because you are not paying to run your own server. Instead, you are using shared servers. This simply means your website is sharing a server with other websites and sharing the cost.
Is Bluehost good for beginners?
Bluehost is a good choice for beginners. The hosting company has excellent customer service, and the prices are affordable at under $100 per year (price varies based on how much space you need). They also provide plenty of tutorials to help walk through setting up your site. This can be helpful if you’re not very tech savvy.
Does Bluehost pay monthly?
Monthly billing is only available on the VPS and Dedicated server hosting plans. Bluehost shared hosting which is the cheapest, doesn’t have the monthyl billing option. Instead users are billed either for 12/24/36 months cycle.
Is Hostinger better than Bluehost?
Both Hostinger and Bluehost are reputable and well-established hosting providers, so you cannot say that one is better than the other. However, it should be noted that Hostinger has a stronger technical support team which can provide assistance with any questions or issues in real time.
How much does Bluehost cost per month?
Bluehost’s monthly costs vary depending on whether you sign up for a year or month by month. This is also dependent on the plan you choose. Shared plans range from $2.95/month for the basic plan to $18.95/month for the pro plan. The VPS hosting plans range between $19.99/month for the standard plan to $59.99/month on the ultimate plan. Dedicated hosting which is Bluehost’s most pricey plan ranges from $79.99/month on the standard plan to $119.99/month on the premium plan.
Bluehost is a hosting company that offers domain name, web design and other services. It has been in business since 2003 with over 2 million websites hosted on their servers. The company touts itself as the most affordable option for small businesses looking to create an online presence with a website. They offer competitive prices for all of its plans which range from shared hosting to VPS hosting packages. As you would expect, there are pros and cons associated with using this service provider so it’s important to do your research before making any purchases.
Disclosure: If you sign up for Bluehost hosting via any links on this website, I'll earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.