Do you have a lot of hair?
Is it in great condition?
If so, then this article is for you!
How to make money selling hair
We are going to talk about how to sell your hair and make cash on the side. Whether you want more money or just some extra cash, we will show you what needs to be done. In our first section, we will talk about why selling your hair could help.
There are many reasons why people do not like their natural hair:
- They don’t know how to take care of it.
- It’s too difficult to style and maintain over time, etcetera.
But if this is an issue that applies to you, then there may be a solution!
You can sell your long locks for money.
What are human hair buyers looking for?
Hair buyers want “virgin” hair that is at least 10 inches long, thick, healthy and free from heat damage. In most cases, they don’t want hair that has been dyed or permed, cut into layers or subjected to hot irons, straighteners or hair dryers. Smokers should also be cautious because their smoke can damage the silkiness of the hair.
Do you have the quality of hair that buyers are looking for? Check out this guide to learn how to go about selling your locks.
What is the best site to sell hair online
There are several places to sell your hair online. We are going to look at the top four hair marketplaces that you can consider if you want to make money selling hair online.
If you want to sell your hair online, then selling it on a site like HairSellon might be the best option for you.
Hairsellon is an international company that specializes in buying and selling human hair extensions of any length – including virgin Brazilian or Malaysian straight, Mongolian curly or Indian wavy styles. It also offers buyers the opportunity to buy hair in bulk.
One of Hairsellon’s selling points is that you can sell your hair for a cash price and then use this money as an investment – meaning, it will be worth more later on than when you first sold it!
Established in 2008, OnlineHairAffair is another selling company for hair that is based online.
It specializes in selling human hair for both men and women. Straight, curly and wavy styles both virgin, highlighted and dyed. It’s a little more expensive than Hairsellon but it offers free shipping to buyers around the world!
Hair Ad pricing
OnlineHairAffair has three categories for ad placement.
Silver Package $12 – Your listing will remain active for 30 days or until it is sold, whichever comes first.
Gold Package $15 – Your listing will be active for 6 months or until it is sold which ever comes first.
Platinum Package $20 – Your listing will be active for 1 full year or until it is sold which ever comes first.
The company pays you between $3-$5 per oz of hair if it passes the Industry Standard Qualifications.
At the time of writing this post, worldofwigs is only accepting hair that is 18 inches long. Keep on checking their websites for when they require different hair lengths.
Established in 2010, BuyandSellHair is another selling company for hair that is based online. They are accepting all lengths of virgin, dyed and permed hair.
If your hair is anywhere between 5 inches to 35+ inches, buyandsellhair.com offers you a platform to sell it. To place an ad on the platform as a hair seller, you’ll be charged $14.50 for 3 months.
Selling Hair Online FAQs
Want to start selling hair online? Here’s are a few frequently asked questions to guide you through.
How can I sell my hair online?
When you have long hair, there are many people who want to buy it.
The best way to sell your hair is online on a trusted website like HairSellon.com. There is an easy sign-up process that will only take a few minutes of your time and finally get rid of the hassle!
How much money can you make selling hair?
It is hard to say exactly how much money you can make from selling long hair.
The amount of your paycheck will depend on a few factors:
- What type of hair do you have?
- How many inches are in the bundle that you sell (usually between 10 and 15)? In other words, what is the weight of your hair?
- How much money do you want to make in total for your bundle of hair.
Sell hair online calculator
But there are a few things that can help give an answer:
The price is calculated using a number of variables: hair length, hair thickness, hair color and whether it’s virgin hair or not. Here’s an example to help you out;
If your hair is 10 inches long, 2 inches thick, black in color and virgin, you could sell it for around $135.
Yes, selling your hair for money is a great way to make extra cash. If you have long locks that are in good condition, then you could sell it!
How do I start selling my hair?
There are a few steps that need to be followed before selling your hair.
You will need:
- A lot of patience!
- To take care of it properly for at least six months prior to selling (don’t use any heat, dye or chemicals)
- An internet connection and computer device with an email account
Do you need a business license to sell hair online?
No, you don’t need a business license to sell hair for money.
But if selling your locks is something that you want to do long term, then it may be worth considering. It will provide some added security and reassurance.
How much does selling my hair online cost?
For most of the online hair selling sites, it’s free to sign up and create an account. It will however cost you to place a hair ad. The cost varies with each site. You can expect to pay anywhere from $5 to $12 or more for your hair ad listing.
How much money can I make selling my hair?
Selling long locks will depend on many factors, such as the type of hair and how thick it is. You can expect to make anywhere from $100 to thousands. Your hair type and it’s length plays a role in how much money you’ll make selling it.
Tips for selling hair online
- Bundle your long locks into a ponytail, braid or bun before selling them. Get rid of any knots and make sure there are no split ends.
- Remember to take good care of your hair the six months prior selling it for cash. Use heatless styling tools, don’t bleach or dye it and keep an eye on those pesky split ends.
- Be patient and work out your selling strategy before you start selling hair online.
- Stay organized by making a list of all the factors that will determine how much money you’ll make for selling your long locks, such as type of hair, length and thickness.
- When selling anything online, it’s important to know how to protect your identity. Use a pseudonym and set up a separate email account for customers with questions.
- To avoid running into any issues, it’s wise to hold off cutting your long hair until you have sold it and received the funds. The buyer may want the hair handled in a certain way.
- Giving away your hair to charity makes sense if you don’t find a buyer. Locks for Love makes wigs for children with Medical Hair Loss, and Pantene Beautiful Lengths does the same thing for women fighting cancer.